The Amelia Earhart Hangar Museum is accessible to those of various abilities and strives to make all visitors feel welcome.
- The building is accessible and at least one entrance is accessible to visitors with limited mobility.
- Free manual wheelchair loans are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Open captioning and audio description are incorporated into exhibits.
- Handicap parking is available on the south side of the building with a ramp and sidewalk leading to the museum front doors.
- Exhibits feature accessible functionality, allowing people of all heights and statures to read the touchpoints.
- An elevator is available to reach the mezzanine level.
The building has at least one accessible entrance and patrons are welcome to use mobility devices (such as wheelchairs or motorized scooters) when visiting.
Individuals with mobility disabilities or devices are welcome to park in the handicapped parking spots on the south side of the building.
The museum has a limited number of manual wheelchairs that visitors may borrow during their museum visit free-of-charge. These wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and cannot be reserved. The museum does not offer motorized wheelchairs or scooters. Please note that a museum wheelchair cannot be taken out of the building.
We encourage patrons to bring their own mobility devices (including manual and motorized wheelchairs and scooters) to the museum. Visitors who bring a mobility aid or device with them should plan to maintain possession of the item throughout their visit.
Personal Mobility Devices
Visitors with disabilities are welcome to bring manual or motorized wheelchairs, scooters, and other power-driven mobility devices when visiting the Amelia Earhart Hangar Museum. Please note that gasoline-powered devices are strictly prohibited.
Guided tours are available at the Amelia Earhart Hangar Museum by appointment. Visitors who would like to schedule a tour should contact the museum prior to arrival.
Large Print Visitor Guides
Large print visitor guides are available for download here. Feel free to print at home and bring with you on your visit to the museum!
Open captioning is provided on all media in the Amelia Earhart Hangar Museum exhibits.
Service dogs that have been trained to provide an individual work task for a person with a disability are welcome at the Amelia Earhart Hangar Museum. The museum follows the U.S. Department of Justice’s ADA requirements for service dogs. Visitors are not allowed to bring emotional support animals into the museum.